Helping You Navigate Complex DCSS Processes

When the court issues a child support order, it is expected that each parent will abide by the terms and make all required payments. Failure to do so deprives the children of essential financial support and is a violation of the divorce agreement. If your former spouse has stopped making child support payments, you may be eligible to receive assistance from the California Department of Child Support Services (DCSS).

There are specific processes that need to be followed in order to receive services from the DCSS, and the assistance of an experienced attorney can help to ensure that the entire process goes smoothly. At Contreras Law Firm, we can help you navigate the DCSS process and help you obtain the services you deserve.

California Department Of Child Support Services

The California Department of Child Support Services was put into place to ensure that children and their parents receive the court-ordered support they deserve. It becomes more expensive to raise a child each year, and both parents should be held accountable for these costs. The DCSS works with many different state agencies to help families resolve nonpayment issues.

The Department of Child Support Services provides many different vital services for parents, including:

  • Locating delinquent parents
  • Establishing paternity
  • Establishing, maintaining and enforcing child support orders
  • Working with other state agencies to ensure the enforcement of California child support orders
  • Collecting and processing payments

If your child is owed back child support, do not wait any longer before taking steps to correct the problem. The attorneys at Contreras Law Firm will be there with you at every step, working to ensure that your child receives his or her court-ordered support as quickly as possible. From completing the initial application packet to addressing any issues that arise throughout the process, our lawyers will pursue every available option in an effort to resolve your case.

Contreras Law Firm | San Diego Family Law Attorneys

It is difficult to raise a child when those who have been ordered to pay support fail to do so. When this income is not received, it can dramatically impact your ability to provide for your children. Our attorneys will work hard to ensure that you receive the child support payments you deserve.

Contact our San Diego office today for your initial free consultation.

Back to Top