At Contreras Law we understand that divorce is never easy. Specially if you have children, the impact a divorce can have in children can be very hard, particularly if both parents arent getting along with their divorce process.
Today we’d like to share some known celebrities that had divorced parents, and how this had an impact on their lifes.
1. Macaulay Culkin. Shortly after Macaulay became Hollywood’s most famous child with the Home Alone movie series, his parents signed the divorce papers; and after a while Culkin was forced to file suit against them for having squandered his fortune, in addition to this, he also asked the court to be emancipated from his parents, becoming a symbol of this legal proceeding.
2. Aaron Carter. After Aaron’s parents began going through a particularly difficult divorce, things between the singer and his mother became even more complicated. Because of the separation, Carter decided to live with his father in Florida, where he discovered that he was losing tons of money. Thanks to this revelation, Aaron fired his mother, who was his manager at the time, and requested a legal emancipation when he was just 16 years old.
3. Selena Gomez. The singer was only 5 years old when her parents separated, and for a long time blamed her mother for divorce, something she now deeply regrets. “I wanted to have my mom and dad together. I remember just being angry with my mom. I still feel really bad about that” Gomez says. Selena’s mother, Mandy Teefey, who became pregnant at age 16, recalls that the divorce was particularly difficult for her daughter, with whom she had a very complicated relationship in the early years of the separation. Currently, Selena Gomez defends her mother and is grateful for all the sacrifices she made for her.
4. Justin Timberlake. Justin’s parents, Lynn and Randall, split in 1985, when he was 3 years old. The singer recently admitted that he had no idea how much this breakup had hurt him as he began to recognize certain similarities between the mistakes he has made in past relationships and the mistakes of his own parents. Timbarlake told Elle magazine: “My parents divorced when I was three. I’m humbly and honestly finding out that I have a lot of issues with that”.
5. Jennifer Aniston. The parents of the renowned actress divorced when she was only 9 years old. Despite the separation, Jennifer believes that this event was what helped her deal with the most difficult moments of her life. “It was pretty crappy, I came home from a birthday party and he was moved out. It was pretty abrupt, sure, your dad leaves and disappears for a while, that’s pretty brutal. But that’s sort of the beauty of it. Like I said, I would never exchange any of it… Me making people laugh, finding the humor in things, trying to lighten up the mood between disgruntled parents, getting attention… It sort of was a survival technique”, Jennifer mentions when she was asked what she remembered of her parents’ separation.
If you’re currently going through a divorce, contact us for a free consultation regarding your case. Click here to schedule or send an SMS to 619 648 9652.
Legal advertisement. This is not legal advice.