Just like any other couple, sometimes marriage doesn’t work for two people and it brings the possibility of divorce. Same-sex divorce works just like divorce for different-sex couples. However, there can be issues like child custody and support that require an effective legal counsel.
Same-sex couples get divorced too, today we share a list of some of the most famous celebrity divorces.
1. Actress Jane Lynch and Dr. Lara Embry. The couple met in 2009 and married in Masachusetts in 2010. Lara has two daughters and Jane became their stepmother. They announced their separation after three years of marriage. In the divorce settlement, Lynch agreed to pay her ex 1.2 million.
2. Singer Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Etheridge. After nine years of domestic partnership, the couple had two children together before calling it quits in 2012. Their breakup was a rather messy one since things escalated in the tabloids over the terms of child custody and support. Melissa agreed to give her ex $23,000 per month and Tammy’s lawyers expressed that it wasn’t enough to appropriately provide for the children.
3. Comedian Rosie O’Donnell and Kelli Carpenter. The couple got married in 2004 and filed for divorced five years later. They had three children together.
4. Comedian Rosie O’Donnell and Michelle Rounds. Rosie gave marriage a second chance in 2012, later she and her wife adopted a daughter. Things didn’t turn out well and the couple filed for divorce in 2015, they agreed on share custody. In 2017 the sad news broke that Rounds committed suicide.
5. Tv host David Tutera and Ryan Jurica. The couple got married in 2003 and after ten years together they called it quits. They were expecting twins through a surrogate and David sued for sole custody.
6. Robin Tyler and Diane Olson. Their split was unexpected since the couple had become kind of an icon for gay people in California. They had been together for 18 years and had tried to get a marriage license seven times before being able to finally marry in 2008.
If you wish to learn more about same-sex divorce or any other family law issue please visit us for a free consultation, click here to schedule or send a SMS to 619-648-9652.
Legal advertisement. This is not legal advice.