1. Donald Trump and his first wife, Ivana, were New York’s most famous couple during the 80s. During their 15 years together, they had three children: Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric. Although Ivana was modeling, she was also very involved in the Trump Organization taking the post of Vice President of Interior Design, working in the emblematic Trump Tower. The European model filed for divorce in 1991 amid rumors that the magnate had an affair with Marla Maples, a former beauty queen from Georgia, who would become Trump’s second wife. The breakup was unveiled in 1992 and Ivana is believed to have gotten about $ 25 million from her ex-husband.
2. Michael Douglas, the Hollywood A-lister, married Diandra Lukas in 1977, when he was only 19 years old. Diandra, daughter of an Austrian diplomat, only had a son with the actor, just a year after their union. Their marriage lasted 23 years, as they separated in 1995 but the official divorce took place in 2000. As part of the separation agreement, Diandra received approximately $ 45 million dollars; and as if that had not been enough, it seems that she also claimed part of Michael’s profits in the Wall Street movies.
3. Paul McCartney, the legendary Beatle, married Heather Mills in 2002, although their marriage lasted only 4 years. Their divorce ended in 2008 and Heather received $ 48, 7 million from her ex-husband; in addition, McCartney is required to pay $ 70, 000 dollars a month for the support of his daughter, Beatrice. Of course, the 74-year-old rock ‘n’ roll legend does not really mind losing that amount, as he is believed to be the richest musician with a net worth of over a billion dollars.
4. The marriage between the English filmmaker Guy Ritchie and the “Queen of Pop” Madonna lasted only 7 years, during which time they had a son, Rocco and adopted a Malawi baby, David. For Madonna it was a very productive moment in her career, since the singer released 4 albums and had 3 world tours; Thanks to this Guy got between $ 76 and 92 million as part of the divorce settlement. This separation is certainly a rule-breaker, since there are not many divorces where the wife must pay her ex-husband.
5. After 26 years of marriage, Mel Gibson and his ex-wife Robyn Moore divorced, ending what appeared to be one of Hollywood’s happiest and longest lasting marriages. However, things got complicated when Mel was arrested for DUI in 2006, in addition to the photographs that came to light of him with his girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. Because the former couple did not sign a prenuptial agreement, Robyn ended up receiving half of the actor’s fortune, about $ 425 million.